The Pacific County Historical Society, and its South Bend, WA Museum, have a new home online. The previous site, banded together by a number of volunteers over time, had been taken offline due to being out of date. We were able to cull information from that site, work with staff to gather new information, and create a new site structure and navigation that presents the museum’s generous offerings and collection in a user-friendly manner.
- Multiple slideshows that are easy to edit and mobile-friendly
- Broadcast email integration
- Facebook Feed
- Custom map, with door-to-door direction ability
- Shopping cart that is flexible and easy to use, while also being very simple and elegant in function
- Secure transactions using PayPal – no secure certificate or hosting to buy or maintain
- Room to grow! Groundwork was laid for expected additions to the site over the next several years
- Responsive; the site displays differently for different sizes of monitors
About the Pacific County Historical Society Museum
The PCHS was organized by members of the Pacific County Pioneer Association 1949. The Society was incorporated in 1966 and, in 1970, the Society had temporary quarters for a museum in South Bend’s Lumber Exchange Building. The present Pacific County Museum had its Grand Opening in 1980. Much has been accomplished in just 67 short years!
- Visit to learn through exhibits, explore unique materials and artifacts, and research your past.
- Join to support a great cause, gain free admission, a Sou’Wester subscription and more!
- Support your 501(c)(3) museum with your gift of time, talent or treasure.
- Contact museum staff and volunteers with your questions, to arrange research, or just to say, “Hello.”
Stop into the Pacific County Historical Society Museum at 1008 Robert Bush Drive W., South Bend, WA 98586. They’re open 7 days a week with summer hours 11 am to 4 pm, March through October and Winter hours 12 pm to 3 pm November through February. Closed Major Holidays; open online 24/7/365!