slide

An Immediate, Tried And True Way To Help Our Japanese Neighbors

We’re participating in For Japan With Love, which generates funds for Shelter Box, an outstanding program Keith and Keleigh first became acquainted with through Rotary several years ago.  Shelter Box made a significant difference to survivors of Haiti’s earthquake and are now doing the same in Japan. ShelterBox is an…

slide

Shred-A-Thon!

What do Clatsop Community Bank, Knutsen Insurance, Clatsop Coin and Town & Country Home Furnishings have in common? They all believe in protecting their customers’ personal information and are sponsoring a community “Shred-It” event: Saturday, April 16th 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Outside the Astoria Branch of Clatsop Community Bank…

slide

Washington State Tourism Industry In the Midst of Change

Many of you know, but others may not have heard, due to recent budget cuts, the Washington State Tourism office within the Department of Commerce will be eliminated this year.  Here is some background information and an update on the current situation. Is there anything we can do to retain…

slide

Halloweentown?

It’s been a looong time since I’ve gone trick-or-treating myself, and I sometimes am sad that today’s kids don’t get to know and enjoy the Halloween of my youth.  I’m talking homemade costumes, family decorated yards (some to invite and others to scare the bejesus out of you), brown paper…

slide

Are you a DIY brochure designer?

You’re not alone! We do our best to meet people where they want to be met in the marketing process.  Take the two brochures, below. The one on the left, Willapa Harbor Scenic Highway 101 Willapa Heritage Corridor, was a project of Raymond High School senior Mitchell Hatfield.  He did…

slide

Most infamous?

Perhaps Long Beach, Washington’s most infamous landmark, the chainsaw carved “Mermaid” (aka Merman) was once located downtown and now lives a mile or so north at the Mermaid Motel.  Keith’s photo of this hunka hunka burnin’ love will soon be featured in a book on Washington curiosities.  We’ll tell you…

slide

TONIGHT: Vote For Connor & Windless Kiting on AGT!

Friend of the Peninsula Connor Doran took ‘America’s Got Talent’ to new heights in June with a surprising audition that involved flying a kite indoors.  The 17-year-old high school student gave a hypnotic and lyrical performance, set to Sarah McLachlan’s ‘Angel,’ and by the time it was over, the crowd…

slide

Every company needs a mascot, don't you think?

Every company needs a mascot, don’t you think?  Ours, who spend most of their days in Arizona, Alaska and California, headed off to Disneyland this week.  Rumor has it they wanted to take kites from the World Kite Museum and Hall of Fame with them to the theme park, but…

slide

We're ShoreBank's Featured Story This Month

It’s always smile time when we get some good press.  There’s something though, about being selected for an honor by an outfit you truly respect that makes it all the sweeter.  We’re very honored to be ShoreBank Pacific’s Featured Story this month: Read the story. Why do we admire ShoreBank?…

slide

HOT OFF THE PRESSES

We’re delighted to announce the arrival of this year’s Official Program for the Washington State International Kite Festival (WSIKF). We gave it a bit of a facelift this year and would love to hear your thoughts so we can make it even better in 2011. Like most of the events…