Mashable.com turned us on to the video below from The Economist, which includes stunning factoids such as:
- 40 million people have been rick-rolled
- 95% of all downloaded songs last year weren’t paid for
- There are 2 million TVs in bathrooms in the U.S.
- 90% of some 200 billion emails sent per day are spam.
- As print newspaper circulation has declined by 7 million over the last 25 years
- Online newspaper readership has soared up 30 million unique visitors in the past 5 years
- While ABC, NBC and CBS combined (companies that have been around for a combined 200 years) receive 10 million viewers per month,Myspace , Facebook and YouTube reach 250 million monthly uniques — and none existed 6 years ago.
Check out the video below and let us know what you think. Did any of the stats surprise you and if so, which ones stood out?