SandSations Sand Sculpture Competition in Long Beach not only got a new Chair of the event this year, it got a new logo, brochure, website, and added three days of activities!
Chair Becky Johnson developed a logo for the event and designed this year’s brochure. We took care of the printing (we’ve got the best color tri-fold pricing around, gang!) and then Keleigh used Becky’s brochure as a base for designing a website for the event. Here’s a little peek into our process:
- Ethan took the design and, quick as a dog can lick a dish, turned it into a WordPress-based shell of a site.
- Intern David (who left us last week and whom we already miss terribly) ported the event information from its pages on funbeach.com into the new site’s database.
- Keleigh went behind David, re-purposing elements and information, adding photos from prior years, and, in general, organizing the facts for a user-friendly presentation.
- Meanwhile, Keith did some research on long-tail key phrases for the site, which Ethan and Keleigh then ran through our proprietary process known as “Site Wide Level I Search Engine Optimization”, so the site should come up with a solid, organic, search result.
- While that magic was taking place, Wendy, Sue and Keith were clicking through things in general, looking for errors, points of confusion or any other items we could improve.
- Finally, it all came to the inevitable crescendo known as site launch!
That’s when we told Becky we had started work on her site. Long Beach Merchants Association Event Chairs are volunteers here on the Peninsula, so we try to help them out when we can, and not add work to their oh-so-full-and-unpaid platters. Becky’s just about done giving the site her thorough once-over so we can make requested changes. In a few short weeks, it will be time to change all the information for 2011!
Take a look. We’re pleased, and hope you are, too.Share